A message from Director Michael Alfultis:
The University of Connecticut Avery Point Campus is driven to provide an excellent education and exceptional experiential learning opportunities to our students, to serve the citizens of our state, and to address our region's most vital issues. The campus is primarily funded through appropriations from the State of Connecticut. While this funding does provide for basic facilities and programs, the Avery Point Campus, like most colleges, depends on private financial support to add a "margin of excellence" to its programs. Private financial support affords all who benefit from Avery Point's services and programs even greater levels of access and opportunity through innovative new programs; funding for student scholarship awards; technology, equipment and improved facilities; and recruitment and retention of exceptional faculty.
If you would like to see your UConn donation directly benefit our Avery Point student academic and activity programming, I ask that you please consider earmarking your generosity to one of the following Avery Point Foundation accounts. Also, please see the letter from Avery Point student Mike Muehe. A donation to the campus would be of great help to students such as Mike who discover and experience the benefits of attending a small, focused campus. Thank you in advance for your consideration to donate.
Please go to the UConn Foundation website for giving information (http://www.foundation.uconn.edu) and/or contact the Campus Director, Michael Alfultis, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (860) 405-9010 for additional information.
UConn Foundation Accounts for Avery Point:
- Avery Point Campus - To support Avery Point undergraduate related activities.
- Alexey von Schlippe Gallery - To support fundraising activities, artwork restoration, and framing, and gallery expenses.
- Friends of Avery Point Baseball - To support travel and equipment expenses and receptions for Avery Point Baseball.
- Friends of Avery Point Men's Basketball - To support travel and equipment expenses and receptions for Avery Point Men's Basketball.
- Friends of Avery Point Women's Basketball - To support travel and equipment expenses and receptions for Avery Point Women's Basketball.
- Avery Point Scholarship Fund - To provide financial support for students at the Avery Point campus.
- Friends of Avery Point - To support the general needs of the Avery Point campus.
- Learning at Sea Project - To fund undergraduate experiential learning opportunities for Avery Point students.
- Avery Point Presidential Challenge Scholarship Fund - To support the University by providing scholarship support to full-time students enrolled in the Avery Point campus who demonstrate academic achievement and financial need.
- The Kitchings Family Fund - To promote Marine Sciences at the Avery Point campus.
- Avery Point Campus Fund for Student Emergency Needs - To help cover student emergency needs to allow them to continue their studies.
- Tom & Eileen Marston Scholarship - To support the University by providing scholarship support to undergraduate students enrolled full-time with demonstrated academic achievement in the University's Avery Point campus.